Vianet Senior Network Specialist, 2003 to Present
Administer Metaswitch class 4/5 softswitch and Perimeta SBC.
Developed troubleshooting tool which captures, analyzes, and stores SIP packets. Created web based front end for tech support to search call traces and diagnose customer issues.
Prevent, detect, and investigate SIP based DDoS attacks and toll fraud. Performed forensics on log files to determine point of entry.
Developed fax-to-email solution allowing customers to send and receive faxes over email and web based client.
Analyzed Asterisk, and OpenSER (VoIP) C/C++ source code and used GDB debugger, to troubleshoot performance and memory related issues on production systems.
Developed software for integration of softswitch billing records into corporate billing system.
Developed software to automate creation and deployment of translation tables on phone switch.
Created Java based application to monitor phone queues on corporate PBX and send alerts to staff through corporate jabber (XMPP) server.
Collaborate with employees of other carriers to troubleshoot and deploy new services.
Led small team of technicians and mentored junior programmers.
I have used the following languages at some point or another:
Thunder Bay & Area Victim Services, Direct Service Support, 2007 to 2014
- Provided immediate support to victims of crime or tragedy. On call for 12 hour shifts. Worked closely with municipal police force.
Youth Leader, Lifecentre Church, 2014 to Present
- Small group leader for Grade 7 & 8 boys Sunday mornings.
- Teach large group junior high messages on Sunday mornings.
- Help plan services and events.
- Run sound & lights for Friday evening youth service.
- Developed a check-in system using Ruby on Rails to monitor youth attendance.
- Developed large group games using Electron, such as a random student picker.
November Novel Writing Month Completed Novels
2013: Grounded Pilot A novel about a college student who’s failing his flight program and gets dumped by his girlfriend.
2012: Red Mineral A dystopian novel about a group of teenagers who save the world by using their engineering skills.